Varen Technologies is an Intelligence Services Provider focusing on information technology services and solutions for the Defense and Intelligence Communities. We provide high caliber intelligence professionals to assist in all aspects of systems implementation, delivering leading edge solutions using the latest tools and technologies.
We hire professionals who match our core values and high standards, and who are looking to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. It is our belief that professional growth and development are among the most important ways to keep our highly talented employees challenged and motivated. This belief keeps us focused on career paths for each individual, giving our employees the ability to fulfill their personal and professional goals. Add that to our highly competitive benefits, rapid growth and success, Varen is just an exciting place to work!
Our core support is in the following five areas:
Join our team -focused on defending Government networks and keeping the tools used to defend them working efficiently! We have a great deal of work in this environment including orchestration, automated building and architecting of systems, hardening, and troubleshooting. You'll be charged with aiding the mission and analysts, keeping in sync with mission POCs for current focus and tasking, and ensuring uptime and response time of these very important systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work/background experience
Measures of Performance:
- Configure and enable Active Directory Domain Services AD DS to ensure systems and resources are properly managed within the virtual infrastructure.
- Learning and showing understanding while using Nessus and Centrify
- Demonstrated understanding and ease of building, evaluating, and testing Group Policy Objects GPO.
- Setup and update DNS as requested and ensure the most efficient configuration.
- Immediate ability to write PowerShell scripts, and ability to write more complex scripts by the end of the first year
- Demonstrate understanding and proficiency in Windows administration, understanding and use of virtualization, and some minor comfort and ability with Linux assistance
- Provide input and assistance for VMWare - vSphere/Horizon View/VDP environments as needed (no skills needed to start, we'll help you along expecting your ability to learn as needed)
- Configure and update logging, auditing, firewalls, accounts, patching, and overall configuration to ensure hardened and protected mission capabilities
- Work with a small to medium team (5-10) whose focus lies on similar tasking to come up with better methods and cutting edge solutions for the hard problems faced throughout our customer's environment
Optional and Useful:
- Container technologies like Docker
Varen offers a competitive benefits package to include: employee bonus plan, corporate equity program, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, referral bonus program, paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending account, long and short term disability and company paid life insurance.
Varen Technologies is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here. For inquiries regarding disability accommodation during the application process, please contact ADA@varentechnologies.com or the Recruiter with whom you are working. Current employees may also contact a Human Resources representative.